November 4, 2022
The anchor event of the SC Manufacturing Conference and Expo is a quarter-century old! The 25th annual awards luncheon will honor South Carolina manufacturers in a variety of categories. The judging process is coordinated by the South Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership. Lunch will be provided, and pre-registration is required.
The Keynote Speaker will be Leighton Cubbage!
AWARDS TO BE PRESENTED
• Transformation and Operational Excellence – Awarded to the company that demonstrates real-world, bottom-line results achieved through the adoption of continuous improvement and/or operational excellence tools and techniques.
• Innovator of the Year – Recognizes a company that has, through the innovation of new devices, ideas, inventions, or processes, transformed its business.
• Emerging Manufacturer of the Year – Presented to one company that has been in operation for five or fewer years and has demonstrated superior performance.
• Outreach Award – Honors a manufacturer making a tangible and measurable impact on South Carolina communities.
• Smart Move SC New Plant Award – Honors a manufacturer that made a “Smart Move” by choosing to build a new plant in South Carolina.
• Smart Move SC Expansion Award — Honors a manufacturer that made a “Smart Move” by choosing to expand an existing facility in South Carolina.
• Chuck Spangler Manufacturing Lifetime Service Award – Recognizes an individual whose contributions have had a significant and lasting impact on the state’s manufacturing community. Chuck Spangler was the long-time CEO of the SC Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
The South Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (SCMEP) is a private, non-profit organization that supports the state’s manufacturing community by providing a range of innovative strategies and solutions. An affiliate of the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), SCMEP operates under the US Dept. of Commerce to promote innovation and industrial competitiveness.
SPEAKERS: The 2021 Awards were presented by SC Governor Henry McMaster.