AI is Revolutionizing Advanced Manufacturing Smart Factories
This far-reaching Industry 4.0 technology brings greater efficiencies and reduced downtime, lower costs, and improved quality, and AI may be more affordable and accessible than many small manufacturers realize. But will the financial impact justify the investment? And what workforce issues might arise because of extensive training requirements?
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
• Susie Shannon, CEO of the SC Council on Competitiveness or SC Competes, will kick things off with an overview of how advanced manufacturing facilities in South Carolina are making use of artificial intelligence technologies like never before.
• You’ll hear from an AI-dedicated CTO, who will share the up-to-date, real-world application of AI technology on today’s plant floors.
• You’ll be treated to a live demonstration of SC Competes’ newest piece of AI – Spot the robot dog. Spot, brought to life by Boston Dynamics, is all the rage on manufacturing facility floors across the country, including BMW in Spartanburg County. This brings an entirely different meaning to “See Spot Run!”
• You’ll learn about a new workforce initiative between a host of partners, including SC Competes and several educational institutions. The initiative is determining workforce needs and creating a curriculum to ensure future employees can hit the ground running upon graduation.
• Plus, lunch will be served!
ABOUT THE SC COUNCIL ON COMPETITIVENESS
The South Carolina Council on Competitiveness – ‘SC Competes – is a nonpartisan, business-led, nonprofit organization that drives South Carolina’s long-term economic growth by managing the state’s industry clusters and providing the research, network, and resources that industry clusters require to thrive.
Clusters and initiatives directly managed by SC Competes, include Transform SC, SC Aerospace, SC Logistics, SC Tech, Cyber SC, and SC Fraunhofer USA Alliance.