The Salute to Manufacturing Awards Banquet is the anchor event of the SC Manufacturing Conference and Expo. This marks the 17th year that the state’s manufacturing community will be honored at this prestigious event. Past winners have included companies such as Bridgestone-Firestone, Nucor Steel, Robert Bosch, BorgWarner, Alcoa, Sonoco, Volvo Cars and GE Energy. The banquet will be held on the conference/expo floor at the TD Convention Center in Greenville, one of the strongest emerging manufacturing hubs in the country.
Past keynote speakers include South Carolina Governor, Nikki Haley in 2015.
The 2018 manufacturing excellence awards will include:
- The Carlisle Associates Smart Move South Carolina Award: A manufacturer will be recognized that recently made a “smart move” by either moving to South Carolina or significantly expanding their operation. Volvo Cars was a recent winner.
- Outstanding Manufacturing Lifetime Service Award: This award recognizes an individual whose contributions have had a significant and lasting impact on the South Carolina manufacturing community over a number of years.
- Innovator of the Year: A company will be recognized that uses innovation to improve business and better the South Carolina manufacturing community through the creation of new devices, ideas/inventions and/or processes.
- Outreach Award: A manufacturer will be honored that makes a tangible and measurable impact on communities in South Carolina.
- Emerging Manufacturer of the Year: This award is presented to one company that has been in operation for five or fewer years and has demonstrated superior performance.
- Transformation and Operational Excellence: This is awarded to a company that demonstrates the real results the organization has achieved through the adoption of continuous improvement, operational excellence tools and techniques. This award will be given in four separate categories:
- Under 20 employees
- 21-100 employees
- 100+ employees